Inclusive Economic Development Collaborative
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2019, the IEDC members consist of ethnic chambers of commerce and Business Improvement District organizations that represent the Sacramento region’s urban aging corridors. The IEDC advocates for economic justice and steps up to voice concerns related to jobs, the environment, and a sustainable future.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES
- A grassroots approach to activate authentic and diverse voices regarding economic justice issues.
- Provide a permanent, active, and organized voice from the diverse business community to promote issues that affect the communities they live in.
- Strengthen the network of partners and create synergy between existing organizations and community leaders. Create and cultivate new leadership at the grassroots level.
- Help to educate the policymakers and the general public regarding economic justice issues related to jobs and the economy.
- Organize events at the local, regional, state, and federal level to discuss environmental and economic justice issues.
- Public education and mobilization around local and regional and statewide issues.
- Partnerships and synergy between existing grassroots organizations and community leaders, organize events, workshops and convenings are to give a voice to the diverse business community.